Five on Friday
- First of all an apology....if we've ever been having a conversation and all I did was look you up and down, instead of looking at your eyes, or watch your mouth....then I am so, so sorry. This happened to me just this morning....and it's not even 9:00 yet.....while I was out walking, I ran into a fellow walker....and I'm thinking, "is something unzipped"...."is something hanging out that's not supposed to be"....are they thinking, "boy this walking is doing you no good at all, look at those fat rolls". So....if I've ever done that to any of you (not that those thoughts would have been going thru my mind)...then I'm sorry. From now on I will make an extra effort to look in someone's eyes while they are talking to me!!!
- I've learned that if you ask God for something, be prepared for an answer, but it might not be exactly what you had in mind. Like for instance....if you ask God to send you people to help....watch out....and, like a friend said, I might have in mind something like this...."Dear God, send me somebody who I can help....maybe just pray for"....when He has something altogether different planned....like you might even have to go of your way to help somebody...heaven forbid that happens to disrupt our busy life!!!! ha! ha! Just be careful what you ask for...God is so good, He hears us and answers us...but sometimes in unexpected ways.
- Have you ever wondered what your spiritual gifts are? Maybe you already know. Or, maybe you think you know....who knows?!?!?!? Anyway...here's a link to take a little survey that might help you figure out where you stand in this area of your life: http://www.churchgrowth.org/analysis/index.html
- I will never again ask Jess where her "Ten on Tuesday" are...I can't even come up with 5!!! So...my number 4....will be a tribute to my wonderful daughter. I try to spend a little time with her and the boys on the weekdays. Today, I have to vacuum the yard and mow the house...no, that's not right....anyway...I have to clean up this place....so I am staying here this morning. But...Jess, if you're reading this....you have to know by now, especially since you have little ones of your own, what you mean to me. You are not just my daughter, you are my friend, and I love you dearly. I am so proud of you...God has truly blessed me and Pappy with you, your hubby and both boys!! Who could ask for more??? Well...maybe one more grandbaby...huh?? We will take the 2 precious ones we have and be totally satisfied!!!
- WOW!! I wasn't sure I could make it to #5!!! So, all I want to say is I hope each of you have a very "Happy Memorial Day" weekend. Have fun...stay safe...be sure to go to the church of your choice on Sunday. Isn't it amazing that we choose to worship in different places, but the same wonderful, glorious, awesome God shows up in all of them?!?!?!
here it is..ReplyDelete
this isn't like mine......
i love you....
I like your #4! I actually asked Andy if he wanted to have 1 more just to make it even, hahahaha!ReplyDelete