As I'm writing this, I can't help but have the lyrics to "The Lord Has Been So Good to Me" running thru my head!!! I think I'm more at peace....and happier....right now at this time in my life than I have been in a very long time. My circumstances haven't changed all that much....but God (2 of my favorite words together)....but God has chosen to "shower" me with so much "sweetness"....way beyond I ever deserved.
And....the "sweet" far outweighs the "sour"!!!
Here are a few of my blessings from this week.....
1. I refilled my hummingbird feeder with "sweet" water and there's been several hanging around. They are too cute....other than they like to fight one another!!!
2. Pappy and I bought a refurbished computer about 6 months ago. One morning after a storm, all it would do was "click". It was plugged into a surge protector, and nothing else plugged into it had a problem. We thought it was just our loss, since it wouldn't have been worth turning it in on our home owner's insurance due to the deductible. Anyway.....Pappy called the company and explained what had happened....and they e-mailed us a shipping label to send it back...."free"....and I received an e-mail yesterday that it's being shipped back to us....for "free"....and it was HOPEfully fixed!!!
This is such a HUGE sweetness....because we certainly can't afford a new computer right now, with Pappy loosing his job!!!
3. Our garden this year is a bit bigger than we've had in the past....we're really enjoying the maters and cukes....and we've got lots of little sugar baby watermelons getting big enough to eat!!!
4. My long-time friend....who knows me so well....sent me the nicest e-card one day this week....just out of the blue!!!
Ms. Dawn is one of the most precious CHRISTians I've ever met.....who prays for me.
What a "sweet" friend she is!!!
5. Our oldest GRAND-son turned five on Monday....and he spent the evening riding his new bike....without training wheels!!! What an accomplishment....but it's also kinda sad.
Our little "sweet" heart is growing up way too fast!!!
6. I push mowed the yard one day this week....with our "new" lawnmower given to us by a family member....again, out of the blue. What a precious, "sweet" thing for him to do....and oh, what a "sweet"
7. Again, just like last week, I'm gonna stop with 7. On the way home from getting groceries one day this week, I came very close to having a rear end collision. It made me wonder how often God keeps us from accidents that we don't even know about!!!
Ain't God "sweet"?
Oh, yes HE is!!!
Psalm 116:12 (NLT)
What can I offer the Lord for all He has done for me?
.....I HOPE you've had a great week full of lots of "sweetness"!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
In His Most Precious Love....and with mine!!!