- I woke up this morning thinking about something that I "thought" I might be asked to do. Suddenly, I realized that what I was thinking about was pure vanity and very prideful......
- and immediately the words to this old hymn came to mind.
- At Calvary
- Years I spent in vanity and pride,Caring not my Lord was crucified,Knowing not it was for me He diedOn Calvary.
- Refrain:Mercy there was great, and grace was free;Pardon there was multiplied to me;There my burdened soul found libertyAt Calvary.
- By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,Till my guilty soul imploring turnedTo Calvary.
- Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything,Now I gladly own Him as my King,Now my raptured soul can only singOf Calvary!
- Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!Oh, the mighty gulf that God did spanAt Calvary!
How about you?
How does God correct you and bring you back to reality......
or, like me, "down off my high horse"?