Just because my hubby has returned to work after being home for 6 months.....
and just because he had a 3-day weekend and we had such a good time together and got a lot accomplished yesterday.....
and just because I love him.....
here are "50 Promises for Marriage".
But, before you go and think our marriage is all roses and sunshine.....
ALL marriages have ups and downs and issues at one time or another. I'm learning in my old.....
um, older age.....that a lot depends on ATTITUDE.....
my attitude. Which ain't always roses and sunshine either.....;-)
1. Start each day with a kiss
2. Wear your wedding ring at all times
3. Date once a week
4. Accept differences
5. Be patient
6. Be gentle
7. Give gifts
8. Smile often
10. Talk about dreams
11. Select a song that cane be "our song"
12. Give back rubs
13. Laugh together
14. Send a card for no reason
15. Do what the other person wants before he or she asks
18. Do it his or her way
19. Know his or her needs (love language)
20. Fix the other person's breakfast
21. Compliment twice a day
22. Call during the day
23. Slow down
24. Hold hands
26. Ask for each other's opinion
27. Show respect
28. Welcome the other person home
29. Look your best
30. Wink at each other
31. Celebrate birthdays in a big way
34. Set up a romantic getaway
35. Ask, "What can I do to make your happier?"
36. Be positive (ATTITUDE)
37. Be kind
38. Be vulnerable
39. Respond quickly to the other person's request
40. Talk about your love
41. Reminisce about your favorite times together
42. Treat each other's friends and relatives with courtesy
43. Send flowers every Valentine's Day and anniversary
44. Admit when wrong
45. Be sensitive to each other's sexual desires
46. Pray for each other daily (this should have been number 1)
47. Watch sunsets together
48. Say, "I love you" frequently
49. End the day with a hug
50. Seek outside help when needed
These "promises" were found on a little card that I picked up many years ago at Hyman's Seafood in Charleston, SC.
HOPE everybody had a great Labor Day weekend!
I for one "labored", as I know many of you did, too.
We do what we gotta do, right?
Happy Tuesday that feels like Monday.....LOL!