I've always had low self esteem. I didn't want Jess to grow up being that way so she received lots of praise and compliments. But...she learned from a Mom who put herself down all the time. I was reprimanded by a friend after my post last Monday....in a sweet kind way....but I appreciate her telling me that I need to stop that!!! There's a song that I dearly love (imagine that...a song I love!!!).....anyway.....it's "Everything Glorious" by the David Crowder Band. Here are the lyrics that speak to my heart:
You make everything glorious....and I am yours....what does that make me?
I AM GLORIOUS!!!!
Nobody can take me away from Jesus.....I am His. And...if everything that He made is glorious...that certainly includes me.
Can a 54 year old lady change?
Can it become, somehow, instilled in her....that she is worthy?
Why, as a Christian, hasn't she always felt that way?
Can any of you relate to this? If you can....then, here's a few things that I want to share with you:
1. First of all....as daughters of Christ....we are SO WORTHY!!!! Don't let anybody convince you otherwise....and that includes YOU!!!
2. When you catch yourself saying something negative about yourself....stop it....immediately say "get thee behind me, Satan".....because that is Satan trying to convince you of something that is a BIG FAT LIE.
3. If you have young children at home....especially daughters.....NEVER put yourself down in front of her. Please, learn from my own mistake!!!
4. Do something kind for yourself....every single day. Even if it's something as simple as greasing up your feet and wearing socks to bed and polishing your toenails....just something that will help boost your self-esteem!!!
5. Thank God for who you are. I heard a preacher speak against emotions one time, and I realize that sometimes, depending on our mood, we don't need to make any major decisions (my rule of thumb....wait 3 hours...or 3 days...and see if you still feel the same way). But, God gave us our emotions....and, especially us girls...part of our make-up....or emotions....is our "woman's intuition". I firmly believe in it. I've experienced it way too many times in my own life for it not to be something that is God-given!!!
There are others I could list...but the main thing is....don't be so hard on yourself. Most of the time, we're our own worse enemy!!!!
Psalm 139:14 (KJV)
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
In His Most Precious Love....and with mine!!!
Very well written Deb and I know I have been guilty of neglecting (ok....giving up on) myself lately. I've been thinking though this morning about taking some time to myself....only a week or so and just doing what I need to do to...you know? So next week I've decided to take a holiday....woot...woot :)ReplyDelete
;0) loving your new backgroundReplyDelete