How about some gross food to serve at your Halloween party tomorrow? Most of these ideas came from www.familyfun.com.
Apple slices with slivered almonds for teeth
Bread sticks with almonds for the fingernails
Carrot sticks with almond fingernails
Carrot slices, cream cheese and black olive eyeballs
Cheese sticks (love those things) and bell pepper fingernails
Mummy hot dogs using bread sticks wrapped around the hot dog and mustard for eyes
(Jess made these to take to Big Brothers Halloween party at MDO!!!)
And....you know we have to have dessert....so....what could be grosser than
KITTY LITTER CAKE
And....just in case you do decide to spring this one on your friends...here's the recipe!!!
- 1 German chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 1 white cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
- green food coloring
- 1 new kitty litter box (optional)
- 1 new kitty litter liner (optional)
- 1 new kitty litter scoop
- 3 to 6 Tootsie Rolls
- Prepare each cake according to package directions. Bake in whatever pans are convenient for you.
- Let cakes cool. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- Place sandwich cookies in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until crushed.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. Mix with a few drops of the green food coloring. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cake mixes and half of the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs. Stir in just enough vanilla pudding to moisten. You may not use all of the pudding.
- If using a kitty litter box (make sure it is new!), line it with the new kitty litter liner. Pour the cake mixture into the kitty litter box or another large serving pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs evenly over the cake mixture. Sprinkle the green colored sandwich cookie crumbs over top.
- Place unwrapped Tootsie Rolls on a microwave-safe plate. Heat on high for 10-20 seconds, just until soft enough to bend. Unwrap, and shape Tootsie rolls so that the ends are slightly curved. Scatter on the kitty litter cake.
When looking for this recipe...I found lots of pics...and I truly don't think I could take one bite of this cake....but it is a cute idea!!!
Smell my feet
Give me something
Good to eat!!
Sorry...couldn't resist...ha! ha!
Happy Halloween, my Friends!! In His Most Precious Love...and with mine!!!
That liter box looks so real, I should know "the cat woman"!ReplyDelete