(picture of a very old tree in my grandparent's yard where my Papaw used to sit in the shade in an old metal chair.....sweet memories)
Yesterday, as I sat and spent my quiet time with the Lord, I realized that although I didn't have control of an external situation that I'm going through, I still felt so peaceful inside. Then, these words came to mind.....
"It is well with my soul."
Every now and then I feel God prompting me to sing to Him. I was hesitant because my husband was still in bed and I didn't want to wake him up, but I did it anyway.....singing low and humming at times.
- When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,When sorrows like sea billows roll;Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,It is well, it is well with my soul.
- Refrain:It is well with my soul,It is well, it is well with my soul.
- Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,Let this blest assurance control,That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
- My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—My sin, not in part but the whole,Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
- For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:If Jordan above me shall roll,No pang shall be mine, for in death as in lifeThou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
- But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,The sky, not the grave, is our goal;Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
- And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,Even so, it is well with my soul.
- ~~~Horatio G. Spafford, 1873~~~
Are you going through something that has you frustrated and anxious and practically pulling your hair out trying to figure out what to do? If so, turn it over to the Lord and let Him handle it and ask Him to restore your joy and the peace to your heart, as ONLY HE can do!
HOPE everybody has a blessed and PEACEful SONday!
Breathing in Grace,